The Directors of The Tufton Arms Hotel, Appleby, Cumbria recognise our responsibility to manage the environmental impacts of our activities, products and services. We have assessed our activities and identified our significant environmental impacts. In order to promote good environmental practices, our Policy with regard to the environment is as follows: -
- To identify the significant environmental impacts of our activities.
- To develop suitable objectives, targets and management programs, applying appropriate operational procedures to minimise our significant environmental impacts during normal, abnormal and emergency conditions.
- To comply with relevant legislation, regulation and other requirements relating to our significant environmental impacts.
- To prevent pollution, minimise our inputs of utilities and resources and the outputs of emissions to the atmosphere, effluents to waters/sewers and wastes to disposal facilities; endeavouring to re-use, recover or recycle materials where practicable.
- To ensure that environmental responsibilities are defined, communicated and understood at all levels within our organisation and provide appropriate training where needed.
- To ensure that suppliers and contractors understand the Company Policy and assist them in developing appropriate systems and a responsible approach with regard to environmental issues.
- To communicate, co-operate and respond to the views of interested parties, including stakeholders, customers and the general public, on environmental issues, where this is practicable and likely to result in an overall improved environmental performance.
- To strive for continual improvement in overall environmental performance.